Saturday, January 3, 2009

Bring on the '09

Wow so it's 2009. Another year has passed and the year I have so keenly anticipated is finally here. To be honest it's a bit of a let down. Nothing in particular has changed, I'm still plodding along through the first days of the year and it's sort of like the first day of school, for the next month. Settling into a rhythm, of how you want to begin your year, organising a hell of a lot for university, pondering my resignation from a place I've been at for 3 years, trying to figure out just where the hell I'm living considering I need to have a place by the end of next month and the fact that I haven't saved a cent for about 4 months, it's a bit unnerving. No one said it would be easy, I just assumed I'd have all the time in the world to figure it out and sadly I don't.
So there's my winge for the beginning of 2009.

On the other hand, I've been constantly drunk the whole year (every..hmm...3 days of it lol) I've been shopping, to the beach, wached movies, had quality gal pal bonding time, helped to organise and hold a house party, been out on the town, twice, and tomorrow night am seeing The Kooks. That doesn't sound so bad at all does it.
So just how was my New Years? It was good. No big bang to welcome the new year and maybe my expectations we're a little high, but I had fun nonetheless.

Then I thought a bit about new years resolutions. Obviously I'm a bit late, but I've never been one to run with convention, so I'm making them now (better late than never right?)
I like simplicity so I'm keeping it simple:
1. Find a job
2. Keep said job.
3. Intergate successfully into uni
4. Put in needed effort for my course and NOT SLACK OFF oh I am a slacker
5. Nothing will stop my overseas trip in July. NOTHING. Put it off once, won't again.
6. Even if things don't work out, do what I need to do to be happy.

I can't think of anything worse than being unhappy in a situation you totally have control of, let alone one you don't. It's easy, remove yourself from that environment. Only you can ensure your own happiness, SO even if uni isn't for me, I'll do what I can to find an alternative I'm happy with. This is my biggest worry yet, that uni isn't for me but I haven't realised it yet.

Anyway first blog of the new year. And there'll be many more I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment